We learn new lessons daily when running our humble little blog. Earlier this week we found out that the FTC (Federal Trade Commission, good guys, really) decided that online publishers need to disclose any hidden interests or unspoken biases to their readers when they publish product reviews and/or recommendations. We’ll build a link to this disclosure into every future product review, for your reading pleasure.
Product Review Policy
- We only write positive things about products we actually like.
- Yes, expect that most of our reviews are mostly positive. That’s because if we don’t like a product much, we don’t think you would either.
We’ll try to be thorough. As it relates to any review that you read on our web site, please assume that the product’s manufacturers, sales representatives, dealers and/or others with a financial interest in the product being reviewed may have done any combination of the following:
- Sent us products at no cost to review and then send back to them.
- Sent us products at no cost to review and then keep.
- Sent us products to keep even if we don’t review them.
- Taken us fishing and then refused our offer for gas money.
- Bought us beer.
- Bought us other alcohol drinks, and/or non-alcohol drinks, and/or food.
- Given us loads of money (see, bloggers are just raking it in right now) [note to FTC and IRS: the preceding phrase in parentheses is a joke].
- Been friends with us.
- Let us win in Star Wars:Battlefront.
- Told other people how awsome DynamicCyber is.
- Gone SCUBA diving with the owner and yelled a him for killing Lion fish.
- Featured us in their sales and marketing literature, and/or other publications, online and/or not.
- Paid us outrageous referral fees for sending customers to them.
- Generally been nice to us, with the expectation that we’ll write good things about their products, or not.
We feel so much better now that everything’s out in the open.
Thanks for reading our blog.
(hat tip to Deniki for this awesome disclosure format..we’ll go fishing with you any day)
Should you have any questions, comments or concerns and would like to receive an answer or ask a question prior to purchasing any product or service mentioned on this website you can contact the website owner directly at:
Website Owner Name: Ken Haynes